Thursday, February 4, 2010

Small Wonder - Whimsical Words SAB set!


I totally love this sketch from post at the Clean & Simple Stamping blog! It's just so great and I thought it'd work well for a baby card! The colors worked so beautifully together as well! This is another great combo from the Color Throwdown blog! I love Baja Breeze!

If you were wondering what size blocks I used, I punched out small pieces of DSP with my 3/4" square punch (retired) and layered them on 1" square pieces of Kraft card stock! I inked the edges of each square (so they'd show up on my Kraft card base) and the card with Sahara Sand ink! I stamped the Medallion background stamp in the corner also in Sahara Sand ink along with my sentiment from the Whimsical Words stamp set - a FREEBIE during SAB! My finished card size is the standard A2 (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") and is scored at the top.
I also entered this in the Flutter By blog, since my card has some pretty cute butterflies on it! My new, Stampin' Up! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die (118138) was on back order, and just as I sat down to make this card, the UPS man knocked on the door with my package and die in hand! So I just had to use it and oh what fun it was! It cuts and embosses 5 different shaped butterflies on one die! It's so great! This is a new Stampin' Up! Big Shot die that is featured on page 24 of the new Occasions Mini Catalog! Four of the five butterflies that this die creates are featured on my card!
Stamps: Medallion (115223), Whimsical Words (118386 - SAB)
Ink: Sahara Sand (105208)
Card Stock: Kraft (102125)
Paper: Thoroughly Modern (115673), Urban Garden (Retired), Sweet Pea (117161)
Embellishments: Whisper White Taffeta (109070), Linen Thread (104199)
Tools: Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439), Beautiful Wings (118138)
Stampin' Essentials: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683)

Stay tuned, tomorrow there will be some BLOG CANDY for all those who become Followers of my blog!!!!!
Have a terrific Thursday,
~Kari

10 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome card!! I just {heart} it!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is gorgeous!!

    Thanks for playing along with the FTL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful, Kari!! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Lovely colors. Thanks for joining us at Flutter By.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love that kraft-matted patterned pieces and all the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty, Kari! love that medallion bg with the sweet squares and whimsical butterflies:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...beautiful!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! GREAT use of our colors and I love how you incorporated them into the sketch design. The kraft makes for a great pop of color with the other hues!

    Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown :]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails