Saturday, February 13, 2010

Technique Spotlight: Rock N Roll

Happy Saturday to you! LOVE this sketch posted at the Pals Paper Arts blog! I played along and used a fun stamping technique called Rock & Roll!
I also incorporated the color challenge at the Color Dare blog! These great colors included: Crushed Curry, Brilliant Blue, Kraft, and I substituted Old Olive for Kiwi Kiss. These colors are very striking together and masculine too!

Stampin Essentials Tips:

I think the Rock & Roll technique works best with a bold stamp such as the one from the Upsy Daisy set, which I used for my card! Another tip for getting the best results for this technique is to use a light and dark color ink - stamping the lighter color first! Okay, so I first stamped the image in Crushed Curry ink. Then, I rolled (lightly) just the edges of my stamp in Old Olive ink so that the tips of the flowers and edges have a touch of Old Olive! It's like making a circle motion! So fun!!! Then I stamped my sentiment, from the Trendy Trees set (on page 112) in Old Olive ink and added some more Old Olive to the edges of the Whisper White card stock!


To shop for Stampin' Up! On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Stamps: Upsy Daisy (111710), Trendy Trees (113258)
Ink: Crushed Curry (115659), Old Olive (102277)
Card Stock: Brilliant Blue (100721), Kraft (102125), Whisper White (100730), In Colors Textured (115719)
Paper: Old Olive DSP (112160)
Embellishments: Whisper White Organza (114319), 5/16" Jumbo Brads (112534)
Punches: Scallop Trim Border (118402 - SAB)
Finished Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

I used the Scallop Trim Border punch on the Brilliant Blue cardstock! Earn it FREE during Sale-A-Bration! Fun Fact: This punch will be for sale in the Stampin' Up! 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog, but getting it FREE now is SO much better! Hehe!!!

Have a great day!
~Kari

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful - love these colors together! Thanks so much for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! That is one of my favorite stamp sets! You mastered this color challenge! Great work! Thanks for joining in on The Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cheery card! Love how you combined the colours & the technique you used! I also need to whip up something for that marvelous sketch... Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute! that layout is on my "to do" list:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Dare!
    ~Hugs~
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with both the color challenge and the sketch challenge! I love how you rocked and rolled the daisies! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love how you worked the sketch too...I've been looking at that one all week and can't quite figure out what to do with it. You totally rocked it! Thanks for playing along at the Color Dare. Hope you'll join us again!
    Lori
    CD DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails