Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tutorial: Tool Box for Dad on Father's Day

Happy Father's Day Weekend to you! I have a special Father's Day project to share with you today that I hope you'll enjoy! Looking to purchase the supplies I use to create my projects? You can always place a Stampin' Up! order On-Line 24/7, for all the Stampin' Up! products I showcase on my blog!
My project today was inspired by the color challenge at The Playdate Cafe to use Black, White, and BLUE! I chose to use Pacific Point for my shade blue! The Stampin' Royalty girls hosted a challenge to create a Masculine Themed Project and this one is for Dad!

Here's what I came up with, a Tool Box for Dad made from the Stampin' Up! Box #2 die!
Side view

Back view

Here's how you make it:
1) Die-Cut {2} Boxes using the Box #2 die out of 12" x 12" Basic Black card stock! Using your Paper Snips, trim off the small side panels, so the boxes are left looking like this:


2) Assemble boxes using sticky strip. Hint: I use sticky strip on just the one side tab (pictured below). These boxes hold together really well! You can add more if you want, but I found this small strip is enough!

3) Using the Wide Oval Punch, punch the 'handles' close to the top of the box. I punched out one box first, then lined it up with the other box so that the handles were lined up.

4) Once boxes are assembled, use sticky strip to adhere them back to back. This will create the tool box!


5) Decorate as you wish! These boxes fit the Hershey nuggets perfectly - about three layers deep! I decorated the top row only. Using the 1/2" Circle punch, I punched out Pacific Point card stock circles to look like 'screws or bolts'!! I chose to put the candies on each side of the box along with a Starbucks gift card! But you can fill each side with a bunch of different goodies and change up the theme for whatever occasion you're celebrating!

To Place a Stampin' Up! order On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
Ink: Pacific Point (Available July 1st)
Card Stock: Basic Black (106532), Whisper White (100730), Pacific Point (Available July 1st)
Embellishments: Circle Designer Brads (112571), Whisper White 5/8" Satin Ribbon (114616)
Punches: Curly Label (112208), Wide Oval (112082), Word Window (105090), Scallop Oval (114889), Modern Label (116630), 1/2" Circle (104390)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (113439), Box #2 die (114518), Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (119976), Paper Snips (103579), Billboard Alphabet (114510)
Stampin' Essentials: Sticky Strip (104294)
Thanks for joining me today!
Happy Father's Day!
~Kari

10 comments:

  1. Wow! That's my kind of toolbox - full of chocolate. You did an amazing job of that - I like those colors and will be casing your design if you don't mind! Thanks for sharing how to do it and for entering our SR challenge again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute box full of chocolates! Wonderful tutorial. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is super creative! I love the toolbox tutorial! Esp. since it is filled with chocolate:) Great splash of blue!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a FAB card. Great tutorial too. The colours work so well for our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tool box! I love the tutorial too! Thanks for playing along this week at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER CUTE tool box! Love the silver brads, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous tool box! I love that it's filled with chocolates instead of tools! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic tutorial and wonderful tool box! I bet that was greatly appreciated by dad! Thanks for joining us at PDDC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job as usual Kari - I don't know how you can come up with all these amazing cards and projects every day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails