Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Technique Tuesday: Masking and ColourQ #29

Hello! Are you ready for a BRIGHT and CHEERY color challenge at the Colour Q this week? How about some Bravo Burgundy, Tangerine Tango, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, and Whisper White!?! This was definitely a challenge for me since I'm not a huge fan of yellow - but I decided to use a fun technique called Masking with Stampin' Up!'s Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set! Here's a close up of the flowers - notice the different colored petals aren't overlapping!!! Read below for instructions and more photos!
Here's my card! I used the NEW Square Lattice Embossing folder that will be available May 1st in the Summer Mini Catalog! It's another Sneak Peak for you so I hope you enjoy and add this great embossing folder to your Big Shot tool collection! I layered two sheets of the Bravo Burgundy card stock together - something I've never done before, but I'm trying some new things! Although my ribbon is not Tangerine Tango - its actually Dusty Durango - I still think they match surprisingly well! My corduroy buttons aren't Yoyo Yellow - they are actually Summer Sun! These match great as well! Gotta love Stampin' Up! and coordinating monochromatic embellishments!!!

I started off with my Green Galore and Yoyo Yellow ink pads, as well as the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set and my piece of Whisper White card stock! Don't be sad - you can still order Green Galore and Yoyo Yellow!! Even though they are retiring June 30th - they're still available NOW!!!

I stamped the rose in Green Galore ink in the bottom corner - some of the image on and off the paper!

To create the 'Mask' I stamped the rose then cut it out with my paper snips! As you can see from the many colors on my 'Mask' I like this stamp set a lot for this technique!

Then I put the 'Mask' over the Green Galore rose and stamped the other flower image in Yoyo Yellow ink - some on and off the 'Mask'.

Take away the 'Mask' and I'm left with a perfectly Green Galore rose with no Yoyo Yellow flower on it - just nestled nicely beside it! I did the same with a second YoYo Yellow flower to the left of the rose. My 'Wonderful Mother' sentiment is from the Well Scripted set and stamped in Bravo Burgundy ink!


To shop for Stampin' Up! On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral (113734), Well Scripted (117072 - Wood Mount)
Ink: Green Galore (101673), Yoyo Yellow (102717), Bravo Burgundy (105214), Tangerine Tango (available July 1st in the 2010-2011 IBC)
Card Stock: Bravo Burgundy (105123), Tangerine Tango (available July 1st in the 2010-2011 IBC), Whisper White (111730)
Embellishments: Summer Sun Corduroy Brads (114343), Dusty Durango 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115609)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Square Lattice Embossing folder (available May 1st in the Summer Mini Catalog)
Finished Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

  • Do you love the Fifth Avenue Floral set? It's on sale this month at a 20% discount! Click here to find out more about the Two-Step Stamping promotion!
  • I've got BLOG CANDY this week! Click here to enter!
  • Join Stampin' Up! and get FREE WOW workshop DVD's! Tons of techniques and information to help you get started! CLICK HERE to find out more!
  • There's only a few days left to order the products from the Occasions Mini Catalog! Last day to get these supplies is April 30th!!

Have a terrific Tuesday!
~Kari

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. Great use of the colors and the stamp set.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails