Monday, February 8, 2010

Love You Much!



Happy Monday to you!! Valentine's Day is next Sunday, so I wanted to share a fun project with you that you can easily make in time for the big {heart} day! I made this basket for several challenges including: Stampin' Royalty 'Anything but a card challenge', PPA color challenge, Crazy for Challenges and Stampin' for the Weekend Valentine's Day projects!

The Stampin' Up! colors of Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, and Basic Black look great together! I'm a firm believer in the notion that Black is timeless and looks great with everything!!!
You can download the Stampin' Up! PDF file of instructions for making this basket by clicking here, plus I'll give you some of my own step-by-step tips too!

Here's how to make it:
1) I started with a 12" x 12" piece of Basic Black card stock. With my scoring blade, I scored at 8" and 4" both vertically and horizontally. Once done, the card stock should be scored in 4" squares in every direction!
2) Then I cut in to 4" (center) on the top row and bottom row - since there are three rows of 3 4" squares
3) Then I cut my Melon Mambo DSP into {9} 3-3/4" squares and covered every square
4) Then taking the outside squares, I folded them into the center square (of the row they are in) to create the sides of my basket. I suggest printing off the PDF file so that you can see it as you make it!!!
5) Repeat folding in on opposite side and adhere all together with sticky strip
6) My handle is 12" strips of card stock and DSP. The Pretty in Pink piece is 1-3/4" x 12" and cut with the SAB Scallop Trim Border Punch. Then I layered a 1" x 12" piece of Basic Black card stock and layered a 3/4" x 12" piece of Melon Mambo card stock on top of that! My handle is a little 'think' and didn't want to bend, so I suggest just making this two layers so that the curve is easier to work with
7) Then I punched and die-cut flowers to decorate the box!
8) My Love you Much sentiment is from the Well Scripted stamp set on page 19 of the Occasions Mini Catalog! I first stamped it in Jet Black StazOn ink on Whisper White card stock. Then I stamped it again in Melon Mambo ink on Pretty in Pink card stock and punched the 'Much' out with my Boho Blossoms punch - using the smallest flower!
9) To punch through all those layers of card stock to get my Silver Jumbo Brads through on the handle base, I used my Crop-A-Dile (108362). It punched through SIX {6} layers with NO problem!!! I earned this great tool for FREE from Stampin' Up! through the Great Rewards Program for SU demonstrators! Love free stuff!!!
This box could easily work for Easter too! Or any occasion actually! To begin shopping for the supplies I used to make this basket, please CLICK HERE!
Stamps: Well Scripted (117072)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn (101406), Melon Mambo (115656)
Card Stock: Basic Black (106532), Whisper White (100730), Melon Mambo (115320), Pretty in Pink (100459), Soft Subtles Textured (108695), Neutrals Textured (108693)
Paper: Melon Mambo DSP (115687)
Embellishments: 5/16" Jumbo Brads (112534)
Punches: Boho Blossoms (110711), Scallop Trim Border (118402 - SAB)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Daisy Flower (113442), Crop-A-Dile (108362)
Essentials: Sticky Strip (104294), Scoring Blades (104154)
Hope you enjoyed today's project! I look forward to sharing a 'Thank you' card tomorrow!
Have a GREAT day!
~Kari

9 comments:

  1. I love it Kari, and I agree with you, the colour combo is STUNNING! Thanks so much for playing with us at www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Valentine basket! Thanks for playing @PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kari, I always look forward to checking your blog! :-) Once again I am amazed with your project.
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!
    Ps - I like how you covered up the brad on the inside of your basket. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute. Don't you just love those colours at PPA this week? BTW your blog candy was put in the mail today (sorry for the delay - things are a bit crazy around here with the Olympics starting on friday and all...) Thanks again for playing with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant project I love it :D
    Thank you for joining us this week at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

    X Amy X

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWW this is so pretty, Kari:O) Love the gorgeous papers and fab design.
    Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
    Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for such a nice comment over at SCS ;) Love your blog...it has been added to my Google Reader. This basket is absolutely adorable! I LOVE these colors...TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hermoso trabajo y un elegante resultado. Gracias por compartir tu experiencia y buenas ideas.
    Desde Venezuela
    Marjorie Arte y Papel
    http://mararteypapel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails