Monday, January 4, 2010

Love is in the Air!

Love is in the air! Oh yes, Happy Heart Day is next month! Wow! I thoroughly enjoyed making this little chocolate box since I love trying new things! I was inspired by the So Shelli challenge to make a Valentine's Day project and also the Pals Paper Arts blog to make Anything but a Card! I was totally looking forward to making this Top Note Box with the help of the SCS tutorial, which was superb I might add! Fun Fact: Yes, this box was made with {1} sheet of Chocolate Chip 8-1/2" x 11" card stock (not including the additional decorations and embellishments)!

Here's the side of the box where you open it!!

Here's the inside of my box with candies!!! Yum!

If you'd like to make a Top Note Box of your own, I highly recommend using the following Stampin' Up! supplies! It all coordinates and works perfectly together! Don't forget, tomorrow is the first day of SALE-A-BRATION!!!!!

To Shop for Stampin' Up! products On-Line, CLICK HERE!

Stamps: Always (113620), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370), Tres Chic (109258)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908), Real Red (103133)
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip (102128), Pretty in Pink (100459), Real Red (102482), Whisper White (100730)
Embellishments: Sherbet Designer Buttons (116312), Linen Thread (104199), 5/8" Satin Ribbon (114616)
Punches: Modern Label (116630), Word Window (105090)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (113439), Top Note (113463), Finial Press (115963)
Essentials: Sticky Strip (104294), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Glue Dots (103683), Scoring Blade (104154), Paper Snips (103579), Bone Folder (102300)

Stampin Essentials Tips:
  • I first stamped the heart from the Always stamp set in Real Red ink, then carefully trimmed it out with my Paper Snips! I did cut inside the dotted line! =)
  • To get the wavy Real Red card stock strip, I first distressed the paper with my Bone Folder, then added a piece of Sticky Strip behind it, and just looped the paper on top of itself! The paper is so much easier to work with after it's distressed!
  • The top half of my box is stamped with the Tres Chic background stamp in Chocolate Chip ink! I love the many fonts and words that this stamp adds to the 'love' feel of my box!
    Plus if you REALLY love this stamp, you can decorate your house with it! It's featured in the new Definitely Decorative brochure as a new vinyl decor element! It'd be perfect for an entry room or craft room!


    Happy Stamping!
    Hugs, Kari

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Valentine box! Thanks for playing @PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embossing and the ribbon treatment! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful chocolate box, Kari! You used so many of my favorite stamps on your project! The colors are wonderful, too! Great job with the challenge! Thanks for sharing your creation!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails