Monday, May 10, 2010

KISS Technique and Mojo Monday Card Sketch

It's Monday and another wonderful sketch from the Mojo blog! For my card I made a baby card using the KISS technique for the elephant! I have more pictures and details below!

Stampin' Essentials Tips:

I was inspired by the patterns on the elephant in the Tall Tales DSP so I wanted to combine Chocolate Chip and Old Olive on the one image! The Kiss Technique is basically inking one stamp off of another! Here's how I did it:

1) I started by inking the elephant from the Animal Stories stamp set in Old Olive ink and set aside for a moment while I got the next stamp ready.


2) Then I stamped the Polka Dot patterned stamp from the For All You Do stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink


3) Then I stamped the Elephant on the Polka dot stamp (press firmly, straight down)

The end result is an Old Olive Elephant with Chocolate Chip Polka Dots! Then I stamped the Welcome, little one sentiment from the Nursery Necessities stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink below the Elephant!

To shop for Stampin' Up! products On-Line, CLICK HERE!!!

Stamps: For All You Do (115360), Animal Stories (116716), Nursery Necessities (113506)
Ink: Old Olive (102277), Chocolate Chip (100908)
Card Stock: Old Olive (100702), Chocolate Chip (102128), So Saffron (105118), Whisper White (100730)
Paper: Tall Tales: (115678), Old Olive DSP (112160)
Embellishments: Button Latte (114333), Linen Thread (104199), Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (109051)
Punches: 1-1/4" Square Punch (104400)
Tools: Paper Snips (103579)
Finished Size: 5-1/4" Square
Stampin' UPdate: the retiring colors are selling out fast! I'd suggest placing your order On-Line soon to avoid back orders! Some colors have sold out already and SU is unable to replenish their inventory since the colors are selling at a much higher rate than they anticipated!!!

8 comments:

  1. Very nice, rich colors on your card! I love the polka dot elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the polka dotty elephant. Great image to KISS. Fun DSP strips too. Another great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for teaching me something today. I would have never figured this one out on my own. New to stamping, but finding your work an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww what a cute elephant! Thanks so much for the tutorial too, I found it very helpful!
    P.S. Come check out our new challenge blog!
    First challenge starts May 23(next Sunday.) Hope to see you there!
    xo Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails