Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mojo Card Sketch with Butterflies

Don't you love card sketches! I sure do! Come Monday morning I can't wait to check the Mojo sketch for the week an begin designing my creation based upon their fabulous layouts! This week was no exception and I just love the Sweet Pea DSP Stack which is in the Occasions Mini Catalog so I had to use that on my 'hi' card!
The Our Creative Corner blog had a challenge this week to use Butterflies, so they were the focoal point of my card layout! My butterflies were cut using my Big Shot and the Beautiful Butterflies die (114507)! Did you know you can get {6} different butterflies from this die? Oh Yes, it's super amazing! I layered two on my card today and added texture to the larger pink one! The smaller brown one I stamped on the side using an image from the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set!

The 'hi' circle sentiment is from the Fashion District rub-ons which retired last year! It fits perfectly inside my Whisper White flower, punched out with the Boho Blossoms Punch! For my library clip accent, I tied a knot in a piece of Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, trimmed the edges (so they are short), then I used a Mini Glue Dot and adhered the ribbon to the top of the clip!

Thanks for stopping by my little stamping corner of the world! I hope you all have a wonderful day and stamp something pretty! If you're needing Stampin' Up! supplies you can place your order On-Line 24/7, by clicking here!

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes (111672)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908)
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip (102128), Old Olive (100702), So Saffron (105118), Pretty in Pink (100459), Rose Red (102544), Whisper White (100730)
Paper: Sweet Pea DSP Stack (117161)
Embellishments: Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon (109032), Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon (111367), Clips Assortment (112580), Playground Buttons (116313), Linen Thread (104199), Fashion District Rub-Ons (Retired)
Punches: Scallop Edge (112091), Boho Blossoms (110711)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder (117335), Beautiful Butterflies (114507)
Stampin' Essentials: Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Finished Size: 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" (A2)

4 comments:

  1. You're so talented Kari! This card is just stunning and so happy. xx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your attention to detail is amazing. This card is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I keep meaning to tell you I really like your new blog header.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Kari. I also entered the challenge over at OCC. Clever idea to use the butterfly in the Mojo challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails