Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Bag Inspired Flower Card for the PPA!

Inspirations is everywhere - clothing, fabric, advertisements, home decor and so much more! My sweet friend Katrina sewed this bag that I fell in love with and she ended up giving it to me as a suprise gift one day! I use it as my purse and just love the two different fabrics and floral pattern! I've been waiting to make a card with these colors and when the Pals Paper Arts posted a Flower themed challenge I knew I needed to get my supplies out, match card stock, and stamp away! I interpreted these colors as Cameo Coral (Retiring), Mellow Moss (Retiring), Bermuda Bay (Retiring), Basic Black and Whisper White! Here's what I came up with! :)
Stampin' Essentials Tips:
  • With the Bermuda Bay DSP, I was able to get the Monochromatic Polka Dot look from the top of my bag! I cut a piece to 4" x 5-1/2" and rounded one corner in the top right with the 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch!
  • The Awash with Flowers Two-Step Stampin' set was perfect for getting a black outline for the flowers, then stamping the coordinating flower colors inside the images!
  • With Mother's Day a few weeks away - I thought I better have a few cards on hand to give to my mom and friends! The 'happy mother's day' sentiment comes from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set! There is definitely a stamp for every occasion in that set of 24 stamps! They fit perfectly with the Word Window Punch and the Modern Label Punch!
  • I used two Pretty in Pink Soft Subtles brads to anchor my sentiment - the brads surprisingly matched the Cameo Coral card stock really well! Just a shade lighter but the same hue! I great SU find!
Stamps: Awash with Flowers (120549 - Clear Mount), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn (101406), Mellow Moss (102774), Bermuda Bay (115655), Cameo Coral (103035)
Card Stock: Basic Black (102851), Cameo Coral 100475), Whisper White (100730), Bermuda Bay (115317)
Paper: Bermuda Bay DSP (115684)
Embellishments: Soft Subtles Brads (106954)
Punches: 3/16" Corner Rounder (109047), Word Window (105090), Modern Label (116630)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder (115964), Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Glass Mat (112531)
Finished Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (A2)
If you missed yesterday's post about the Stampin' Up! COLOR RENOVATION, click here for more information and to see the list of 30 colors that will be retiring on June 30th! Some of them were used on my card today, and if you LOVE them - I'd suggest stocking up NOW, they will become 'While Supplies Last' come June 1st! Simply click here to begin shopping at my on-line SU Demonstrator store so you don't miss out!
Have a wonderful day,
~Kari

1 comment:

  1. Great job duplicating the inspiration bag! I love these colors together! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails