Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cards for Texas Children's Hospital

Oh how I love making a difference! I found a fellow card making enthusiast, Winter and her blog Winter Wonderland, she is organizing a Valentine's Day Card Drive for Texas Children's Hospital! I was able to send a few cards to her to be given to the sweet kiddos in the hospital and/or their families! Here are a few pictures of the cards I sent (sorry the color/lighting of my picture didn't turn out quite right)!

The whole batch:

A close up:

Here were some of the guidelines for the card drive:
* Cards need to be a Valentine theme.
* Cards can't have anything about 'Get Well Soon', 'Feel Better', or anything reminding the kids of being sick. (Only Valentine Cards).
* Cards for any gender or age.
* Cards must be able to fit into a 4-1/2" X 5-3/4" envelope.
Isn't this fun?!? I'm so blessed to be able to be apart of this! My cards were sent yesterday and I've been praying all week for the kids - that they'd feel loved and happy! Can't wait till Winter posts an update on her blog!
Stampin' Essentials Tips:
  • Each card said 'Happy Valentine's Day' on the front using a stamp from the Stampin' Up! Teeny Tiny Wishes set stamped in Certainly Celery Ink!
  • I used non-traditional Valentine's Day colors - just to be different and to look springy!
  • My card base was 4" x 5-1/2" of textured card stock
  • The Heart and Wings was a Sizzix die I used with my Big Shot cut out of lavendar textured card stock

I'm hoping to be apart of more card drives in the future, so I'll make sure and give you all the heads up so that YOU can be involved too! But in the meantime, here are a few ways that you can make a difference through Stampin' Up!:

  • For every 'I {Heart} Hearts' stamp set sold, Stampin' Up! will donate $2 to the Haiti Disaster Relief effort! For more information, please click here!
  • For every 'Very Thankful' stamp set sold, Stampin' Up! will donate $2 to the Ronald McDonald House Charites! There are 3 RMHC houses in Oregon so I personally love purchasing this set each year! Stampin' Up! designs a new set for the RMHC every year and I can't wait for it's release each year in July! For cards I've made with the Very Thankful set, please click here! For more information, click here!

To Shop For Stampin' Up! products On-Line, 24/7, please click here!

I hope you join me in making a difference! Every little bit helps!
Blessings,
~Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails