Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Happiest Business in the World!

I don't know who Anne S. Eaton is, but I REALLY like this quote! The happiest business in the world is that of making FRIENDS! I love it! This stamp is from the Stampin' Up! Friends 24-7 set (it's on page 100 of the IBC - in case you wanted to check it out)! It is quickly becoming one of my favorite stamp sets! So I had to use it on a couple challenges I played along with! The Color Throwdown blog had a great color challenge of Old Olive, So Saffron, and Melon Mambo! I just used a hint of Melon Mambo - it's on the 24-7 (attached with a library clip!).
The card sketch layout I used was posted at the Sweet Stop blog! Their sketch challenge had a spin and that was to use a sentiment as the main focal point!
Stampin' Essentials Tips:
  • Distressing was a fun part of making this card! I crumpled up the Old Olive DSP and the Very Vanilla card stock - even tearing it a bit to achieve the distressed look!
  • I stamped the fleur-dis-le in So Saffron ink, off to the side. Then stamped my sentiment in Old Olive ink in the center!
  • My three little silver brads in the corner were lined up just so with my Mat Pack and Paper-piercing tool! The template is the best and I use it all the time!
  • I attached my big green button with glue dots and tied my bow with Linen Thread - it almost looks like a sew, right!?!

To Shop for the fun SU supplies used to make this project, please click here!

Stamps: Friends 24-7 (113218)
Ink: Old Olive (102277), So Saffron (105213), Melon Mambo (115656)
Card Stock: Old Olive (100702), So Saffron (105118), Very Vanilla (101650)
Paper: Old Olive DSP (112160)
Embellishments: Silver Brads (104336), Clips Assortment (112580), Playground Buttons (116313), Linen Thread (104199)
Finished Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

I hope you have a terrific Tuesday!
Hugs, Kari

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful card. I love the texture and colors!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails