Saturday, October 31, 2009

PPA14 ~ In the Pink

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and the Pals Paper Arts posted this great challenge: to use the color PINK! So many people are effected by this disease and I too have wonderful women in my life who have battled breast cancer, including my grandma Edie and my aunt Sherill. Pink is one of my grandma's favorite colors to wear and she likes to create these crazy color combinations with pink - ones I wouldn't neccessarily think of! When I was about 6, I remember her telling me I should start wearing pink and red together and I thought it was absolutely nuts! I didn't think those two colors went together at all - but now I think they do! Stay tuned next week when I post a project honoring my grandma Edie and her love for Pink with Red! For the PPA challenge, I stuck with one of MY favorite pink combinations: Pink and Brown! I ran a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock through my Big Shot using the Top Note die, then ran that piece through the Big Shot with the Manhattan Flower embossing flower to create the rose impression for the background (my grandma loves roses too)! The letters of the word 'HOPE' comes from the Billboard alphabet die which I cut out of Chocolate Chip cardstock! Then I 'tied' a piece of Whisper White grosgrain ribbon to create the ribbon of hope! Stampin' Up! also has a great stamp of this called, Ribbon of Hope (115552) on page 208 for only $7.95!
Today is October 31st! I've been reading through the book of Psalms and read in Psalm 31 today ~ there was a great verse that I wanted to share about Hope! The Lord is so great that way! Psalm 31:24 'Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who HOPE in the Lord.' May you be blessed today!
To purchase the supplies to make this card, CLICK HERE!
Stamps: Tres Chic (109258)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip (102128), Pretty in Pink (100459), Whisper White (100730)
Accessories: Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109025), 5/16" Neutrals Jumbo Brads (112534)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Manhattan Flower (114517), Billboard (114510), Top Note (113463)
Finished Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the embossed Manhattan Flower cut out with the Top Note! Very striking card! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Kari! Love the color combo and the embossed Manhatten Flower! So pretty! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails