Thursday, October 22, 2009

PPA13 - darling baby frame


The Pals Paper Arts posted a wonderful challenge: anything BUT a card ~ PPA13! So, I made this decorative frame for a wonderful friend of mine who is expecting a baby boy this winter! This cute frame is for the baby's nursery and hopefully will sit on top of his dresser or something!
This 5" x 7" frame was originally unfinished, so I started off by painting it white (I just used leftover interior, white paint that I had around the house)! Then I trimmed a piece of brown Stampin' Up! Spring Showers DSP to 5" x 7", cut some Pool Party DSP in 2-3/4" x 3" pieces, inked the edges in Chocolate Chip ink, then layered on top of the brown paper. Then came the fun part! I used a blue, Archival safe, non-toxic Acrylic Scrapbooking paint on the chipboard letters (these dried super quick). Then added the finishing touches with ribbon and metal embellishements! I punched out the green tab from an extra paint chip I had around the house, then added a 'darling' sticker to the tab and set with brads! Tip: To wrap the ribbon around the frame, I took the glass out, then wrapped the ribbon around the edge (but didn't tie it yet) letting it lay flat, then placed the glass back in and my decorative baby insert, then tied the ribbon tight!

SHOP NOW!
Ink:
Chocolate Chip (100908)
Punch: Round Tab (108340)
Paper: Pool Party (104136), Spring Showers (these papers have retired!)
Accessories: Soft Subtles Brads (106954), Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware (105515), Light Blue Gingham Ribbon (104829)
Other: Staples

Looking for some retired Stampin' Up! supplies? Check out the Online Clearance Rack!

3 comments:

  1. This is precious, Kari! I'm sure your friend will love this for her nursery! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love how you tied the ribbons around the frame! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, I took it out of Chase's room and put it in Cade's, I love it that much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails