Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thankful Thursday: A Blue Ribbon John Deere Tractor Card


It's Thankful Thursday so I wanted to share a card I made this week using the Stampin' Up! Harvest Blessings stamp set!  I call this my John Deere card since I stamped that tractor in Gumball Green -- close to the same shade as the John Deere logo!  The pennants reminded me of ribbons won at the country fair, so I incorporated those as an accent as well!
This card would work to give the men in our lives too.  With the Midnight Muse and Gumball Green with Crumb Cake it is a perfect masculine color combination.  I kept the stamping simple to focus on the detailing in the tractor image -- it's pretty amazing on it's own.
This is one of my favorite sets in the catalog and it will be featured in the upcoming 2013-2014 Catalog too!  Purchase it now, since it'll be around while!  My favorite image of course is the bible verse:  'The earth has yielded its fruits; and God has blessed us.'  Psalm 67:6


Stamps:  Harvest Blessings (126452), A Round Array (129090)
Ink:  Gumball Green (126861), Midnight Muse (126860)
Paper:  Print Poetry DSP (129312), Gumball Green (126840), Crumb Cake (120953), Very Vanilla (101650)
Tools:  Paper-Piercing Tool (126189), Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (126187), 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch (129404)
Essentials:  Glue Dots (103683), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Finished Size:  5-1/2" x 4-1/4"
I used the In Color Dahlias as an accent on my card!  The Gumball Green perfectly matches the colors used in the Print Poetry DSP.  These flowers are quickly becoming my favorite quick an easy accent.  They come in a package of 20 for $7.95 - Buy it Now


What are you Thankful for today?  Leave me a comment below, I'd love to hear what you're Thankful for this Thursday!
Hugs,
Kari Linder 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails