Tuesday, July 13, 2010

CQC #41 Watercolor Trio Happy Birthday Card


It's another fun and girly color challenge at the Colour Q! For this challenge of Basic Black, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink and I swaped out Pink Passion since it's retired - and used Melon Mambo, which is very close! My card layout is based upon the fantastic sketch at Clean & Simple Stamping! I hope you have time this week to join us at the CQC - we'd love to have you stamp with us!

Stampin' Essentials Tips:

  • New Ribbon! One of my favorite things in the NEW Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog is the 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, which comes in {13} colors! I used the Basic Black ribbon and with the white trimmed edges, it doesn't get 'lost' against my Basic Black card base!
  • My 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set on page 157 of the IBC. It comes in a set of 24 stamps, with a greeting for every Occasion! What I love the most about this set is that almost every greeting fit perfectly inside the Word Window Punch, which can be layered with the Modern Label Punch as well!
  • The Watercolor Trio stamp set is one of my favorites from the Summer Mini Catalog! You can get this set in either Wood Mount or Clear Mount and it will only be available for purchase until August 31st!


To Shop for Stampin' Up! ON-LINE 24/7, Click Here!

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370), Watercolor Trio (120084), Block 'H' (118490)
Ink: Pretty in Pink (101301), Melon Mambo (115656), Basic Gray (109120)
Card Stock: Basic Black (121045), Whisper White (101731), Pretty in Pink (100459), Basic Gray (121044)
Embellishments: Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (119261), Neutrals Brads (119736)
Punches: Scallop Trim Border (118402), Word Window (119857), Modern Label (119849)
Finished Size: 5-1/2" x 4-1/4"

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used on this card! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color combo. THanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kari! My photo was off so my card looks yellowish! Not my colors anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is truly amazing! What a fantastic color combo! I'm dying to try it out now : ))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails