Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Just Surfing and Colour Q Challenge #31

When I saw these colors they just screamed SUMMER to me! hehehe! I love the color combination this week at the Colour Q, it's perfect for boy cards! Crushed Curry (retiring), Brilliant Blue (retiring), Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery! If you haven't already heard about Stampin' Up!'s COLOR RENOVATION you can click here to view the colors that will be retiring in June! Come June 1st they are 'while supplies last' so now is a GREAT time to stock up on your favorite colors!
Here's the inside of my card with a Crushed Curry Surfboard and some Tempting Turquoise waves! I found a new challenge blog, KL Stampin' N Scrappin' and since we share the same initials (KL) I had to enter right!?! The challenge this week is to decorate a card inside and out!

Here's a hint on how I got such a deep impression using the Stampin' Up! Texturz Plates! On there own - the texture is not deep at all and fairly light. So I just add a few pieces of thin cardboard as 'shims' and put them under the Texturz Plate before I run them through my Big Shot! So here's how the order should be:
  1. Multipurpose Platform (on Tab 1) - included with your Big Shot purchase
  2. Thin Pieces of Cardboard (I used 2-3)
  3. Texturz Plate
  4. Card Stock or Paper
  5. Standard Texturz Silicone Rubber (item # 114615) for $5.95
  6. Standard Texturz Impressions Pad (item # 114614) for $5.95
Want the Circle Brads I used on my card for FREE? During the month of May you can, with a qualifying stamp set purchase you can choose a package of Designer Brads for FREE (redeemable at check out with on-line orders)!
Ink: Tempting Turquoise (100814), Brilliant Blue (100691), Certainly Celery (105217), Crushed Curry (115659)
Card Stock: Tempting Turquoise (102067), Brilliant Blue (100721), Certainly Celery (105125), Crushed Curry (115659), Whisper White (100730)
Embellishments: Circle Designer Brads (112571)
Punches: 1" Circle (109046), 1-1/4" Circle (104403), 1-3/8" Circle (104401)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates (114512), Paper Snips (103579)
Finished Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

2 comments:

  1. What a super awesome card! I love the theme of your card and all of the fabulous detailing! Super great job with the challenge! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I must say, I got a chuckle out of us both having the same initials. So glad you got to play along! :) Your surfboard card is lovely. Thanks for joining us at KL Stampin N Scrappin for our inside-out challenge! Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails