Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vintage Vogue friends

Hello friends! The Pink Elephant posted a great sketch challenge this week that I had to play along with! I love the different layers of this sketch!

I also made this card for a Friendship Challenge at the Cupcake Craft Challenge blog!!! The Stampin' Up! Vintage Vogue stamp set is just perfect for friendship themed cards I think!!! It's a beautiful set and one of the first ones I bought that were the new Clear Mount stamps! You can click here to learn more about these new, easy to use stamps!! I'm sure enjoying mine and I know you will too, PLUS they are cheaper than the Wood Mount, which is fantastic!


Stampin' Essentials Tips:
  • The beautiful Designer Series Paper I used is the super cool blog candy I won from the Stampin' Royalty challenge blog! It's part of the Lovely Flowers Bundle Level 3 Hostess set on page 18 of the Idea Book and Catalog!
  • The colors in the papers were my inspiration for color choices: Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, and Melon Mambo!!!
  • I added a touch of bling to my card with the Circle Fire Rhinestone brads! These cuties come in three different sizes, and I loved parading them down the side of my card from largest to smallest! To line them up, I used my Paper-Piercing tool and Mat Pak template! Here's a hint on spacing: there are {3} holes from the large to medium brad, and {2} holes between the medium and small brad (on the template) - hopefully that makes sense!
  • To add some vintage to my papers and card stock, I inked the edges of every sheet of paper for a distressed look and dimension using my ink pads. I coordinated each color depending on the color of paper and/or card stock!
  • My friends stamp was first stamped in Old Olive ink, then again in Rich Razzleberry ink! I cut out just the 'F' from the Rich Razzleberry stamped image and adhered it on top the Old Olive image with Stampin' Dimensionals!!!


To Shop for Stampin' Up! products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!!!


Stamps: Vintage Vogue (118598 - Clear Mount) or (117690 - Wood Mount)
Ink: Old Olive (102277), Rich Razzleberry (115658), Crushed Curry (115659)
Card Stock: Rich Razzleberry (115316), Crushed Curry (115319), Whisper White (100730), Old Olive (100702)
Paper: Lovely Flowers (116916 - Level 3 Hostess set)
Embellishments: Rich Razzleberry 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115613), Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads (109110)
Punches: Eyelet Border (113692)
Stampin' Essentials: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Paper Snips (103579)
Finished Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (A2)


Have a wonderful day,
~Kari

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Your card is so lovely ! The colours are fresh and bright and the monogram is so pretty ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kari, love the colors, paper and the "F"! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a delightful and pretty card...thanks for joining us at Cupcake :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color selection on this! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such a lovely creation. I can't wait for that stamp set to be available over here!

    Thanks so much for playing along at Cupcake this week
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails