Friday, January 22, 2010

Thinking of You....

Ummmm, so this card didn't quite work out as I had planned - does anyone else of those days? Where the creativity just doesn't flow??? That's how I feel about this card - but oh well! That's why I love stamping because it's fun and doesn't have to be perfect all the time!! Right?? I wish I could tie bows better - any suggestions? I'd love any and all helpful comments!

I played along with some new blog challenges over at the Just Us Girls color challenge and the Card Positioning Systems sketch challenge! The color challenge was to make a project using the colors: Bravo Burgundy, Blush Blossom, Very Vanilla, and Basic Gray!














Stampin' Essentials Tips:
  • I love the font from the Stampin' Up! Kind & Caring Thoughts Hostess Level 3 set! It's so beautiful and part on my blog header too! I simply stamped this sentiment in Basic Gray ink on the Very Vanilla card stock.
  • The bottom part of my card is the Blush Blossom card stock and I added some texture to it with my Big Shot and Perfect Details Texturz Plates! I like to add a few pieces of cardboard as a shim so that the texture comes out more prominent!
  • My ribbon was tied using the Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon! This ribbon is so easy to work with, I really love how elegant and timeless it looks! Stampin' Up! offers this ribbon in 8 colors!
  • Then for my finishing touch, I inked the edges of the card stock! Super easy, but a great way to distress card stock.

To shop for SU products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Stamps: Upsy Daisy (111710), Kind & Caring Thoughts (115324, Level 3 Hostess set)
Ink: Blush Blossom (102609), Bravo Burgundy (105214), Basic Gray (109120)
Card Stock: Basic Gray (108692), Very Vanilla (101650), Blush Blossom (103318), Bravo Burgundy (105123)
Embellishements: Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon (109064), Basic Gray Corduroy Buttons (114345), Bravo Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon (109028)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Perfect Details Textuz Plates (115962)
Finished Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (A2)

You can make a difference through Stampin' Up! and the Haitian Disaster Relief click here for more information on how to get involved! I hope you'll join me in this FUN endeavor, I'm totally thrilled about it!

Blessings,
Kari

1 comment:

  1. Kari this is quite lovely. We all have days that we are critical of our work and don't feel it's up to par but usually we are way too hard on ourselves - this is a perfect example - charming card! As for bows - there are lots of tutorials out there (video ones) but you can also check out the BOW EASY at Gina K Designs - I LOVE mine! http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=610&categoryId=-1
    Thanks for playing along with Just us Girls - sorry I was late commenting this week - OOPS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails