Monday, March 11, 2013

Creativity is all about the Journey....a journey through Kari's card making!

Creativity is all about the journey!  As Stampin' Up! is celebrating 25 Years of making a difference, I took a look back at my creativity and the journey I've been on!  I first started making cards for my parents and sister when I was in elementary school!  I had one or two stamps and a brown ink pad!  That was it! My biggest wish as a kid was to have ALL the ink pad colors in the world!  As a demonstrator, that's definitely a possibility since Stampin' Up! has over 50+ colors, which is honestly perfect!  I always look forward to the new In Colors when they come out in the new catalog.  The perfect chance to add to my collection!  I hope you enjoy todays post as I display a parade of cards I've made over the years - some a LONG time ago!  hahaha!  Most were made for my parents as my mom dug through her collection to find some of the cards I made for them!  Enjoy.
When I first joined Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator in 2004, my favorite color was Sage Shadow!  The Thank you card card above uses Sage Shadow ink and card stock, which is retired now, but a fun memory of my first Stampin' Up! color love as I look at this card! 
My first favorite background stamp was the Canvas stamp, now retired as well.   The background stamps are the HUGEST stamps that Stampin' Up! carries, sized at: 4-1/2" x 5-3/4".  The backdrop of the card above uses the Canvas stamp!  A close second favorite that's available for purchase, would be the Netting stamp (item number 122655) on page 127 of the Catalog.  A must have for sure!
Sentiments are definitley my favorite kind of stamp and of course Christmas greetings are no exception.  The Season's Greetings card above was one of my favorite fonts.  Scripty and elegant - very fun! 
This birthday card was stamped using a Two-Step birthday stamp set I received in my Starter kit YEARS ago!  I recal trying to make a birthday card but had no idea what to make!  LOL!  So this one was simple and nothing fancy!
Masculine cards!  Always a struggle for me to create since I love EMBELLISHMENTS - but I'm getting better!  This simple card was made for my dad - I just loved the font of the stamp!  It was from a Stampin' Up! Birthdays set.
 Oh how the Big Shot changed my life!  This is one of the first cards I made after I got my Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (item number  113439).  I love the curly label in the Lots of Tags die (item number  114508).  Another simple card made for my dad.  Learning is part of the paper crafting experience too and I've learned a TON!  I look at these cards that I made years ago and it's kinda funny to me, I forgot I made them!  hahaha!  Enjoy your own creative journey! 

Thanks for joining me today!  Click on the link below to start shopping for Stampin' Up! products in my online store!
Take care,
~Kari Linder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails