Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just Add Ink Sketch Challenge Merci card

This super kind and generous gal in our church donated us a wheelchair and so I made this Thank You / Merci card for her! It's that just too precious of her! A few weeks ago during service, an elderly lady passed out so she offered up her wheelchair to help before the paramedics arrived. After seeing that our church has a need for a wheelchair in case of emergencies like that, she donated one! I think that's just so neat, so I wanted to make something special for her!



My card layout is based upon the Just Add Ink Sketch challenge below! I flipped it vertically!

I'm kinda in a rut of doing the same thing on the back of my cards, but here is what they typically look like! I punch out a Scallop Square piece of card stock, then layer on a piece of card stock after using my Personalized Name stamp, then I punch that out with the 1-1/4" Square Punch. Then to my envelopes I typically add a coordinating piece of DSP to the flap, and trim away the excess with my beloved Paper Snips! Quick and easy, but adds a fun touch!

I first stamped the flower with Basic Gray ink, then colored it in with Sage Shadow and Apricot Appeal Classic ink. My Merci sentiment is stamped with Basic Gray ink on Sage Shadow card stock, then punched out with the Curly Label Punch!


To start shopping for Stampin' Up! On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Stamps: Chic Boutique (113744), Friends 24-7 (113218), Flourish Hand Stamped by Stamp (115600)
Ink: Basic Gray (109120), Sage Shadow (102532), Apricot Appeal (105218)
Card Stock: Basic Gray (108692), Sage Shadow (101563), Apricot Appeal (105124), Whisper White (100730)
Paper: Nouveau Chic (115670)
Embellishments: Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon (109064)
Punches: Curly Label (112208), 1-1/4" Square (104403), Scallop Square (107590)
Finished Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

Sad news, but if you missed my Stampin' Up! Color Renovation post, you can CLICK HERE to learn more! The Nouveau Chic DSP (115670) that I used on today's card along with the colors Sage Shadow and Apricot Appeal will be retiring come June. You can stock up on your favorite colors by clicking here to be directed to my Stampin' Up! website!

Have a Terrific Thursday,
~Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails