Monday, June 10, 2013

Stampin' Up! Catalog Inspired Card!

My Paper Pumpkin!  It's the way to go if you love getting crafting kits in the mail!  Today, June 10th is the day to sign-up by if you want to receive this month's kit!  It'll ship directly to you from Stampin' Up! and will arrive around the 18th or 19th of each month.  I highly recommend it and encourage you to subscribe!  The kits so far have been incredible and I LOVE getting the fun surprise in the mail each month!  You can CLICK HERE to start subscribing to the My Paper Pumpkin monthly kit!  You can always unsubscribe or skip a month if you need to!  It's really a flexible, zero risk, super fun way to get exciting, new craft supplies sent directly to you each month!  Okay....on to today's card!

My friend Desiree lives in Idaho and hosts a card swap every few years and this year she rallied 15 gals to participate!  I wanted to share with you the cards I made for the swap.  Some of the supplies are retired Stampin' Up! products, but some you can still purchase!  I'll add a supply list with item numbers at the bottom of this post so you can add them to your shopping cart when you're shopping in my online store!

Stampin' Essentials tips:
  • My color inspiration was from Stampin' Up! DSP.  Always an instant color palette to work with!  I used the colors:  Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, Tangerine Tango, and Pool Party.
  • Texture goes a long way!  I embossed the center panel for some dimension and really like how the Island Indigo card stock looks against the Crumb Cake card base!  Since the card is blank, it could be a masculine card too!

  • My card layout was inspired by the card on page 21 of the 2013-2014 Catalog!  Want a copy of the catalog?  Place your Stampin' Up! orders thru me and one will automatically be sent to you!  Want to look first then buy?  EMAIL ME and I'll mail you a Catalog to browse through!  You WILL love it!
  • Minimal stamping!  Sometimes its fun to paper craft without doing a ton of stamping!  I stamped the scallop circle underneath the button using an image from the A Round Array stamp set.  It coordinates perfectly with the 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch!


Supply List:
Stamps:  A Round Array Clear-Mount Stamp Set (129090)
Ink:  Island Indigo (126986)
Card Stock:  Island Indigo (122923), Summer Starfruit (126839), Pool Party (122924), Crumb Cake (120953)
Tools:  Decorative Label Punch (120907), 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch (129404)
Embellishments:  Whisper White Linen Thread (124262)
Finished Size:  4-1/4" x 5-1/2"


Have a Marvelous Monday!
~Kari Linder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails