Saturday, June 8, 2013

Masculine Birthday card with a MOJO Monday Sketch

My dad's birthday is at the end of June and so I made this card for him.  We live on the ocean here in Anacortes, WA and he loves boats, shrimping, crabbing, and fishing so I think he'll like the images on this card!  The layout is based upon this week's MOJO 296 Sketch.  It was the perfect inspiration for what I needed to help me create this card.  The circles in the card layout coincided excellently with the images in The Open Sea stamp set.

Stampin' Essentials Tips:
  • I stamped the ship in Midnight Muse ink on Whisper White card stock, then punched it out with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch
  • The anchor image was randomly stamped repeatedly in Crumb Cake ink below the ship.  I tied Linen Thread around the side of that strip of card stock rather than the three brads like the layout had.  

  • The By The Tide Stamp set has this cute Nantucket Oceanside Inn image with the anchor and I just love it.  Especially because there is a Nantucket Inn here in Anacortes, WA where we live!  It perfectly coordinates and fits with the 1" Circle Punch.  It's stamped in Midnight Muse ink on Very Vanilla card stock.  


Stamps:  The Open Sea (123032), By the Tide (129120)
Ink:  Midnight Muse (126860), Crumb Cake (126975)
Paper:  Midnight Muse (126843), Marina Mist (119682), Crumb Cake (120953), Whisper White (100730), Very Vanilla (115318)
Tools:  2-1/2" Circle Punch (120906), 1" Circle Punch (119868)
Embellishments:  Linen Thread (104199)
Finished Size:  4-1/4" x 5-1/2"



Do you need a copy of the Stampin' Up! 2013-2014 Catalog?  Please EMAIL ME and I'll have one sent to you!  Or place an online order thru me and one will automatically be sent to you!

Have a great Saturday!
~Kari Linder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails