One of my favorite things right now is painted Mason Jars and glassware!!! I was wondering how to do it and came across this article in the Jan/Feb issue of Stampin' Success magazine that is sent to us demonstrators! Thought I'd share with you the instructions along with some fun photos that help explain how to do it step by step! It's very easy and all you need is vase, jar or bottle of your choice and some White Acrylic Paint and Classic Stampin' Up! Ink Refills!
2) Pour the tinted paint into clean jar and slowly roll it around till the inside is completely coated. Turn vase or jar upside down for about 5 minutes so the rest of the paint can drip out.
3) Let air dry or dry in the oven on 325 degrees for about 10 minutes and let cool.
There are so many uses for Mason Jars, it's amazing! For more ideas, CLICK HERE to follow my Pinterest board, called Mason Jar Madness where I've pinned many creative ideas and DIY ways to use Mason Jars! They are great for so many things including:
- Storage - buttons, tools, pens, ribbon
- Piggy Bank - that's where I'm keeping my loose change!!!
- Home Decor
- Vases or planters for herbs
- Drinking glasses
- Lanterns or candle holders
- Soap or lotion dispensers
You can find great vintage looking jars and vases at thrift shops or yard sales. Or ask around! I've been collecting them from my mom and grandma since I want to create some storage and decor for my craft room someday!
Want to stamp with Mason Jar images?? There is a wonderful stamp set that sells in my online store called,
Perfectly Preserved. Available in Clear Mount or Wood Mount and of course there is a coordinating Cannery Framelits die so you can run these images through the Big Shot and die-cut them out!!!
To place an order in my online store for the Classic Stampin' Ink Refills or any Stampin' Up! products, CLICK HERE!
Hope this post was helpful and informative! Can't wait to get started painting Mason Jars and stamping with them too!!!
Have a Wonderful Wednesday,