Monday, April 26, 2010

Mojo Monday Sketch and Color Dare Challenge!

What a fun color challenge at the Color Dare this week! Using my two favorite Stampin' Up! greens: Old Olive and Certainly Celery, along with the bright (and retiring) Summer Sun, and Whisper White! I paired this color challenge with the Mojo Monday Sketch #136. Square cards are always fun for me since they are bigger and more, fun stamping and embellishments can be added! My card is 5-1/4" Square and fits perfectly inside the Stampin' Up! Whisper White Square Envelopes (107289). Here's my take on the Mojo Monday sketch this week:
Round or Square? I went with Square and used the Vintage Vogue stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog page 26. This lovely stamp set features 8 wonderful stamps and comes in Wood Mount (117690) OR Clear Mount (118598). This stamp set WILL be in the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog - which is great news! After April 30th though, it won't be available again until the catalog release on July 1st! Best to order now so you don't have to wait two months before you can order it! I also entered this project in the OCCC Blossoms Challenge! Flowers are just so fun to stamp, emboss, and decorate with! I found a new challenge blog today thanks to my friend, Stacey! It's called DeNami Design blog they had a Spring Themed Challege, so I entered this card there as well!
Stampin' Essentials Tips:
  • My 'F' monogram and friends stamp is on a 2" Whisper White circle cut with my Circle Scissor Plus! I first stamped it in Summer Sun ink, then on another piece of card stock I stamped it in Old Olive ink, trimmed out with my Paper Snips, and adhered this piece on top of the Summer Sun 'F'. My Certainly Celery Circle is 2-1/8" and the Old Olive Circle is 2-1/4" all layered together!
  • I embossed a piece of Certainly Celery card stock with the Finial Press Embossing folder for some texture and a delicate look!
  • My polka-dot ribbon is actually Crushed Curry 1/2" Grosgrain Ribbon with a Filigree brad in the middle! The yellows are so similiar and it looks great with the Summer Sun Corduroy brads!
To shop for Stampin' Up! products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

Stamps: Vintage Vogue (118598 - Clear Mount)
Ink: Certainly Celery (105217), Old Olive (102277), Summer Sun (100537)
Card Stock: Certainly Celery (105125), Old Olive (100702), Summer Sun (103124), Whisper White (100730)
Embellishments: Filigree Brads (112577), Earth Elements Brads (106955), Crushed Curry 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115614), Summer Sun Corduroy Brads (114343)
Punches: 3/16" Corner Rounder (109047), Scallop Trim Border (Available July 1st in 2010-2011 IBC)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Finial Press Embossing Folder (115963), Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Glass Mat (112531), Paper Piercing Tool (116631), Mat Pak (105826), Paper Snips (103179)
Stampin' Essentials: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Mini glue Dots (103683)
Finished Size: 5-1/4" x 5-1/4"

Have a wonderful day!
Tomorrow I'll have a fun card for you with the new Colour Q challenge!
~Kari

16 comments:

  1. everything about this card is FUN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Great job and wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning I love the colors, layout and the pretty little details!

    We're so glad that you were able to play along with the DeNami Design challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is delightful! I just love your corduroy flower centers! Thanks for playing mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those corduroy brad centered flowers are the star of the show! Wonderful job! Great sentiment! Love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Really really pretty! I love the corduroy buttons-so yummy! Glad you could play with us this week at the DeNami challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kari this is absolutely FABULOUS!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card!
    Very clean and detailed... SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Love the colors and the Vingate Vogue images. Great accessories! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card, love that green! The corduroy buttons really make it POP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card - and what a lovely sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love those corduroy brads/buttons! VERY pretty card! Thanks for playing in the DeNami challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is Totally Terrific!!! The color combo is just gorgeous. I love that stamp set, but restrained myself from buying yet another floral set. You are making me sorry for my darned self control - LOL!! Simply beautiful piece of work - wonderful job on the blooming blossoms challenge! So happy you could have some fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, thanks for joining us at the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a GORGEOUS card! I love those corduroy brads and the filigree brad in the center of the knot!!! So well put together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails