Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Huge SNEAK PEEK to the Summer Mini!

Hi Friends! I'm so excited to share this sneak peek card with you that I made at my SU Demonstrator meeting this morning! We're just days away from the NEW Summer Mini Catalog which comes out May 1st and with so many NEW and Wonderful products to share I wanted to start early with the samples! Our meeting this morning was with our BZB Stampers group for the gals in Barb Brimhall's downline! She's so wonderful and I'm so glad I'm in her group! We stamped this card below, played Bunco, ate, and chatted - it was super fun! So......here is the project we made using a new Decor Stencil and stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog!

Let me just tell ya - Decor Stencils are so much fun, I totally love these!!! The new one we used is called Mostly Vintage (118877) and will sell for $9.95! You can use both the positive and negative stencil and mask t0 create vintage accents on any card, scrapbook, home decor project and so much more! The mask approximate dimensions are 3-7/8" x 6-6/8". The Stencil approximate dimensions are 4-1/8" x 4-2/8".
Stampin' Essentials Tips:
  • I first stamped the sentiment with Melon Mambo Ink in the lower right hand corner. This sentiment comes from the NEW stamp set Favorite Thoughts featuring {4} wonderful quotes for and about women! The Wood Mount set (116968) will sell for $15.95 and the Clear Mount set (120048) will sell for $11.95. I like this quote by Eleanor Roosevelt so I used this one on my card! But this set also features quotes from Jean Giraudoux and Laurel Thatcher Ulrich!
  • Then taking the positive image and using repositionable adhesive and sponge daubers, I layed it down on my card stock and sponged through the stencil with Rose Red ink!
  • Then taking the negative image (outline), I layed this down on top of the other image and sponged Apricot Appeal ink on it!
  • Then using some shimmer paint (featured in the Winter Mini Catalog and still Available) I spritzed my card for some shine!
  • Tying the Regal Rose Grosgrain ribbon in a knot around my card for the finishing touch, and my card was done!
  • My Apricot Appeal card base is a Retiring color come June 1st! Now is a great time to stock up on your favorite colors while they're still available!

To Start Shopping On-Line for Stampin' Up! products, CLICK HERE!

Stamps: Favorite Thoughts (available May 1st in the Summer Mini Catalog - page 19)
Ink: Melon Mambo (115656), Regal Rose (105211), Apricot Appeal (105218)
Card Stock: Regal Rose (105130), Apricot Appeal (105124)
Embellishments: Regal Rose 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (109056), Mostly Vintage Decor Stencil (available May 1st in the Summer Mini Catalog - page 13)
Stampin' Essentials: Sponge Daubers (102892)
Finished Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the stencils. Wonderful job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails