Sunday, April 11, 2010

Color and Sketch Challenge Bird card!

Summer will be here soon! That's what these colors remind me of!!! Stampin' Royalty has another amazing color challenge and this week we're to use: Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Taken with Teal and for my neutrals I used Basic Black and Whisper White!

My card layout was based upon the Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge! This one was fun with the long strips, circle, and rectangle piece! Layers and more layers were the secret of my card! If there is a secret (hahaha!). I'm such a nerd because I get Bermuda Bay and Taken with Teal mixed up all the time - so don't tell anyone, but my card stock on my card is actually Bermuda Bay! I guess the good news is that both colors are retiring soon - come June 30th! So Saffron is sticking around though! Yipee! It's definitely one of my favorite shades of yellow Stampin' Up! has.


This Two-Step Bird Punch (117191) has been SO popular and a HUGE seller from the Occasions Mini Catalog! You can order this punch through April 30th! I'm not sure if it'll be in the next catalog or not come July 1st - but to be safe, grab it now! You can click here to start shopping On-Line at my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator store!


Stamps: Upsy Daisy (111710)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn (101406)
Card Stock: Basic Black (102851), Whisper White (100730), Bermuda Bay (115317), Tempting Turquoise (102067), So Saffron (105118)
Paper: Sweet Pea DSP Stack (117161), Bermuda Bay DSP (115684)
Punches: Two-Step Bird (117191), Trio Flower (109183), Scallop Trim Border (Available in 2010-2011 IBC)
Embellishments: Vintage Brads (109109), Button Latte (114333), Playground Buttons (116313), Linen Thread (104199)
Tools: Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Glass Mat (112531)
Finished Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

3 comments:

  1. Awesome design and use of the colors! Great combination of two challenges. Thanks for playing at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design and the colours just suit it perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kari - so beautiful. I love the way you put those colours together. Teal and Turquoise was a difficult combination. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails