Tuesday, November 17, 2009

CTD68 - Color Challenge: Thank You Card!

The Color Throwdown blog posted this awesome color challenge using the Stampin' Up! colors: Real Red, Only Orange, Crushed Curry, and a dark neutral color. For my card, I chose to use Basic Black as my dark neutral and follow the layout of a great sketch! Being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator definitely has amazing benefits! One of which is receiving the monthly Stampin' Success magazine in my mailbox, filled with ideas, information, new techniques, and of course great sketches! I used the one, featured below which was found on page 30 of the November 2009 issue! At first glance, I thought the layout was a little busy - but with the bright colors from the color challenge, I thought they would work well together! What do you think? I always love reading your comments and feedback - so please leave a message if you want!!
I moved things around a little bit from the sketch, but overall, I tried to stick with where things were on the original card layout! The most fun I had was using the Very Thankful stamp set (page 209)! Stampin' Up! designs an exclusive stamp set every year to help raise money for the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC). When you purchase the Very Thankful set, (it's only $14.95 - and totally cute) Stampin' Up! will donate $2 to the RMHC! I love making a difference and purchasing this stamp set, was a fun way to do that! Plus, the bird and font of the sentiment on this stamp are so elegant - I love it! I stamped the little birdie with Real Red ink on Whisper White card stock, then punched it out using a 1-3/4" Circle Punch! Layered it on a Basic Black scallop Circle cut from the Scallop Circles #2 die for my Big Shot machine, and viola!

To shop online 24/7 for Stampin' Up! stamps, inks, card stock and more, CLICK HERE!

Stamps: Autumn Days (115452), Very Thankful (115338, RMHC set!)
Ink: Basic Black (101179), Real Red (103133)
Card Stock: Only Orange (102837), Real Red (102482), Whisper White (100730), Basic Black (102851), Crushed Curry (115319)
Paper: Razzleberry Lemonade (115675)
Accessories: Flower Assortment Brads (112583), Sherbet Designer Buttons (116312), Crushed Curry 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115614)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cut Machine (113439), Scallop Circle #2 die (113469), 1-3/4" Circle Punch (112004), Eyelet Border Punch (113692), Butterfly Punch (116629)
Essentials: Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Finished Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
Happy Stamping!
Hugs and Smiles, Kari L. Linder

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 19. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails