Thursday, November 12, 2009

Be Merry Christmas Page Corner Bookmark

Here's another fun & easy project using the Stampin' Up! Holiday Lounge Designer Series paper: it's a page corner bookmark! Perfect for a stocking stuffer or gift for a friend!

Here's how you make it:
1) Cut a 6" or 8" square out of a piece of cardstock or Designer Series paper (I chose to cut a 8" square out of Taken with Teal Cardstock to create a 4" bookmark
2) Score and fold your square in half once vertically and once horizontally to divide it into fourths
3) Cut away on-fourth of the paper (see picture below)

4) Fold the two remaining 'arms' down and adhere them together creating a pocket that will fit over the corner of a page
5) Decorate your corner bookmark using stamped accents or any accessories you want!

To decorate my bookmark, I chose to cut a 3-3/4" square piece of Holiday Lounge DSP to layer on top of the Taken with Teal card stock, then I made my star ornament for the focal point in the center!

Here's how I made it:
1) Cut a 3" square out of Ruby Red card stock
2) Using the 5-Petal Flower Punch, punch out the flower in the center of the square (see picture below)

3) Then I punched the flower out again, but rotated the punch to get in-between the petals (see picture below)

Here's out it comes out!

4) Then I layered a piece of Holday Lounge DSP behind the star to and stamped the corner with the Patterned Pines set from the Holiday Mini Catalog! I didn't add extra embellishments such as buttons or ribbon since I wanted my bookmark to lay flat in my bible!
Here's what it looks like:


Here's the supplies to create this project, to shop online 24/7 from my Stampin' Up! website, click here!

Stamps: Warm Words (115108), Patterned Pines (116525, Level 1 Hostess set from the Holiday Mini Catalog)
Ink: Ruby Red (102259)
Card Stock: Taken with Teal (101584), Ruby Red (102030)
Paper: Holiday Lounge DSP (115676)
Tools: 5-Petal Flower Punch (109041), Scoring Blade (104154)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails